Dr Sumeet has completed his DM in Paediatric Neurology from PGIMER, Chandigarh. He has done observership in Glasgow, United Kingdom. He has given oral presentations in Brazil, Glasgow and Japan. He has 49 publications in National and International journals
He has expertise in management of headache, migraine treatment, refractory epilepsy, West syndrome, convulsions, EEG test procedures, epilepsy, febrile seizures, absence seizures, cerebral palsy, GDD, mental retardation, intellectual disability, childhood stroke, dizziness, vertigo, back pain, behavioral problems like autism, hyperactivity, ADHD. cervical pain, back pain, cervical radiculopathy, lumbar radiculopathy
The clinic specializes in treatment of neurological disorder of both adults and children
Treatment of Adults: cervical pain, neck pain, back pain, spine specialist, numbness, neuropathy, headache treatment, weakness, paralysis, stroke
Treatment of Children like speech delay, speech therapy, autism therapy, autism treatment, cerebral palsy treatment, development delay, weak child, mental retardation
He is one of the few child specialist in Chandigarh with experience in rheumatology, nephrology, endocrinology, pulmonology as well.
- Second rank in Anatomy in B.J.Medical College, Pune in first MBBS examination by MUHS, Nashik in 2004
- Best Academic Presentation in Pediatrics Department in PGIMER, Chandigarh in year 2012
- Travel Grant from conference organizers for attending 9th World Congress of the world society for Pediatric Infectious Diseases (WSPID 2015) held on November 18-21, 2015 in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.
- Travel Grant for attending 9th World Congress of the world society for Pediatric Infectious Diseases (WSPID 2015) held on November 18-21, 2015 in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil from Centre for International Co-operation in Science (CICS reference no Do/Lr/TF-IV/2015-16 dated 19.11.2015)
- Travel grant for attending 14th Asian and Oceanian Congress of Child Neurology (AOCCN), Fukuoka, Japan, 11-14th May 2017 from Japanese Pediatric Neurology society
- Partial Travel grant from Council of Science and Industrial Research(Reference no tg/9765/47-hrd dated 19.6.18) for attending Royal College of Pediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH) Conference 2018, Glasgow, 13th-15th March 2018
- Bursary for attending Indian Epilepsy School 2018 in Trivandrum, Kerela, India from 2nd-5Th August, 2018
- First prize (as Co-author) in First National Neurotransmitter and Movement Disorder Symposium, organized by Child Neurology Society, Pune on 9-10th June, 2018 for Oral presentation titled Characteristics of Movement disorders in Pediatric ant-NMDAR encephalitis
- Best poster prize (Presenting Author) in 18th National Conference of IAP Neurology Chapter ‘NEUROPEDICON 2018’ held in Gurugram (Delhi/NCR) on 7-9 September 2018. Saini L, Kesavan S, Sahu JK, Dhawan SR et al. Clinico-radiological profile and short term follow up of a series of children with Anterior Horn cell myelitis.
- Bursary for attending ‘15th International Child Neurology Congress’ held in Mumbai, 15th-18th November 2018
International Publications in Scientific journals
- Dhawan SR, Gupta A, Singhi PD, Sankhyan N, Malhi P, Khandelwal N. Predictors of neurological outcome of tuberculous meningitis in childhood- A prospective cohort study from a developing country. J Child Neurol. 2016;31(14):1622-1627
- Sharawat IK, Kasinathan A, Dhawan SR. Comments on ‘Ophthalmological manifestation in patients of tuberculous meningitis’. QJM. 2019 Jun 26. pii:hcz159. doi: 10.1093/qjmed/hcz159
- Agarwal S, Saini AG, Dhawan S, Khadwal A, Sharma K, Singhi P. Comparative evaluation of IS6110 and protein antigen b PCR in cerebrospinal fluid for rapid diagnosis of tuberculous meningitis in children. Journal of Medical Microbiology. 2020 Jun 24:jmm001220.
- Saini L, Dhawan SR, Madaan P, Suthar R, Saini AG, Sahu JK, Sankhyan N. Infection-Associated Opsoclonus: A Retrospective Case Record Analysis and Review of Literature. Journal of Child Neurology. 2020 Jun;35(7):480-4.
- Dhawan SR, Saini AG, Singhi PD. Management Strategies of Melkersson-Rosenthal Syndrome: A Review. International Journal of General Medicine. 2020;13:61.
- Dhawan SR, Saini AG, Vyas S, Attri SV. Teaching NeuroImages: When MRI is a clue in episodic ataxia. Neurology. 2019 Nov 26;93(22):e2074-e2075
- Banerjee A, Dhawan SR, Kavitha T, Sankhyan N. When Posture Gives the Clue:“Jug Handle Deformity”. The Journal of Pediatrics. 2019 Apr 17
- Kesavan S, Sharawat IK, Dhawan SR, Saini L, Vyas S, Sahu JK, Sankhyan N. Teaching NeuroImages: Beaking in the brainstem: A diagnostic clue. Neurology. 2019 Apr 23;92(17):e2066-e2067. doi: 10.1212/WNL.0000000000007374. PubMed PMID: 31010917.
- Sharawat IK, Soni V, Dhawan SR. Comments on ‘magnetic resonance enographic findings in tuberculous meningitis’. Magn Reson Imaging. 2019 Sep;61:231-232.doi: 10.1016/j.mri.2019.05.010.
- Sharawat IK, Soni V, Dhawan SR. Comments on ‘magnetic resonance venographic findings in tuberculous meningitis’. Magn Reson Imaging. 2019 Sep;61:231-232.
- Dhawan SR, Saini L, Verma Attri S, Kumar A, Sankhyan N. Owl’s Eye Sign in a Reversible Etiology of Spastic Quadriparesis. Neuropediatrics. 2019 Apr;50(2):135-136.
- Dhawan SR, Suthar R, Padmanabha H, Singh P, Devidayal, Sankhyan N. Bilateral Posterior Circulation Stroke in a child with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus. 2018 Nov 19. doi: 10.1055/s-0038-1675629. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 30453356
- Dhawan SR, Kesavan S, Saini L, Singh P, Sahu JK, Sankhyan N. Diffuse white matter involvement in subacute sclerosing panencephalitis. 2018 Nov 19. doi: 10.1055/s-0038-1675628. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 30453354.
- Dhawan SR, Sharawat IK, Saini AG, Suthar R, Attri SV. Diaper rash in an infant with seizures: Is it a clue to an Inborn Error of Metablosim? J Pediatr. 2018 Nov 1. pii: S0022-3476(18)31372-6. doi:10.1016/j.jpeds.2018.09.042. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 30392870.
- Dhawan SR, Goswami JN, Suthar R, Dayal D, Vyas S, Singhi P. A child with central variant Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome. Neuropediatrics. 2018 Nov 12. doi: 10.1055/s-0038-1675237. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID:30419570.
- Dhawan SR, Sood A, Suthar R, Vyas S, Sankhyan N. Hyperdense middle cerebral artery in boy with road traffic accident. Neuropediatrics. 2018 Oct 11. doi: 10.1055/s-0038-1673629. [Epub ahead of print]
- Mukherjee A, Dhawan SR, Saini L. Muscle Hypertrophy in a Child With Progressive Weakness-Thinking Beyond Muscular Dystrophy. J Clin Neuromuscul Dis. 2019 Mar;20(3):140-141.
- Dhawan SR, Saini L, Ramachandran RP, Sankhyan N. Joint Hyperlaxity, Proximal Contractures, and Facial Weakness in Child With Spinal Muscular Atrophy. J Clin Neuromuscul Dis. 2019 Mar;20(3):138-140.
- Vivek, Vyas S, Sankhyan N, Dhawan SR. Isolated congenital absence of cranial nerves: Report of two cases. Neuropediatrics. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1055/s-0038-1669923. [Epub ahead of print]
- Dhawan SR, Sankhyan N. Low-dose Rituximab in Children with Anti-NMDAR encephalitis. Pediatric Neurology. 2018 Jul 21.
- Dhawan SR, Sankhyan N. Predictors of Mortality in Patients With Tuberculous. J Infect Dis. 2017 Aug 1;216(3):394-395. doi: 10.1093/infdis/jix318. PubMed PMID: 28859435.
- Dhawan SR, Sankhyan N. Additional details for improved reporting of Tuberculous Meningitis studies. Clin Infect Dis. 2017;15;64(12):1804-5.
- Dhawan SR, Jondhale SN, Sahu JK, Vyas S, Singhi PD. Large Artery Stroke in a Child With Hypoparathyroidism. J Child Neurol. 2015 Jul;30(8):1084-5
- Dhawan SR, Vaidya PC, Suri D, Singh S, Singhi PD. Infantile Kawasaki disease presenting as acute meningoencephalitis. International Journal of Rheumatic diseases. Int J Rheum Dis. 2017 Feb 9. doi: 10.1111/1756-185X.13014. [Epub ahead of print]
- Jindal AK, Ahluwalia J, Sharma A, Dhawan SR, Tiewsoh K, Suri D, Sinha A, Saxena A, Singh S. HIV-infected children with hepatomegaly and ascites: is there something more than an infection? AIDS. 2017 Mar 27;31(6):870-872. doi: 10.1097/QAD.0000000000001391.
- Kesavan S, Dhawan S, Saini L, Attri SV, Vyas S, Sankhyan N. Reversible Basal Ganglia Changes and Metabolic Crisis in Infantile Tremor Syndrome. The Indian Journal of Pediatrics. 2020 Jun;87(6):464-5
- Kesavan S, Saini L, Madaan P, Dhawan SR, Sahu JK, Gupta K, Singh P, Sahoo S. An Unusual Masquerader of Progressive Myoclonic Epilepsy. Indian J Pediatr. 2019 Aug 23. doi: 10.1007/s12098-019-03056-6. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 3144473
- Dhawan SR, Sharawat IK, Kasinathan A, Saxena A, Saini L, Sankhyan N. A Girl with Progressive Vision Loss: Diagnostic Clues. Indian J Pediatr. 2019 Jun 17. doi: 10.1007/s12098-019-03002-6. [Epub ahead of print]
- Gaur BK, Singh G, Maini B, Antil PK, Dhawan S. A Neonate with Prune Belly Syndrome and Limb Reduction Defect. Indian J Pediatr. 2019 Jun 8. doi:10.1007/s12098-019-03003-5. [Epub ahead of print]
- Dhawan SR, Sharawat IK, Suthar R, Bansal D, Menon P, Radotra BD, Bhatia A. Ataxia as forme fruste of opsoclonus myoclonus ataxia syndrome. Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology. 2020 May 1;23(3):415.
- Randhawa M, Dhawan SR, Kumar S, Singanamala B, Bhatia A, Saini L, Sankhyan N. Wormian bones and dilated scalp veins in an infant with epilepsy. Journal of Pediatric Neurosciences. 2019 Apr 1;14(2):103-.
- Soni V, Narula H, Narayan R, Gupta A, Dhawan SR. A Child with Recurrent Vomiting and Short Neck. Indian J Pediatr. 2019 Jul;86(7):654. doi: 10.1007/s12098-019-02953-0. Epub 2019 May 14.
- Kasinathan A, Dhawan S, Suthar R, Sankhyan N. Pseudo Hypsarrhythmia: An Early Marker of Angelman Syndrome. Ann Indian Acad Neurol. 2019;22(3):359-361.
- Dhawan SR, Chatterjee D, Radotra BD, Vaidya PC, Vyas S, Sankhyan N, Singhi PD.A Child with Tuberculous Meningitis Complicated by Cortical Venous and Cerebral Sino-Venous Thrombosis. Indian J Pediatr. 2019 Apr;86(4):371-378
- Dhawan SR, Adhikari U, Singanamala B, Kumaran S, Saini AG, Saini L. Recurrent Cerebrospinal Fluid Pleocytosis. Indian J Pediatr. 2019 Mar;86(3):308-309.
- Kumar S, Dhawan SR, Saini L, Singh P, Verma S, Singh M. Recurrent Paradoxical Tuberculosis with chest wall abscess and optochiasmatic tuberculoma. J Pediatr Neurosci. 2018 Oct-Dec;13(4):500-502
- Dhawan SR, Sahu JK, Vyas S, Singhi SC, Singhi PD. Pyogenic meningitis complicated with extensive central nervous system vasculitis and moyamoya vasculopathy. J Pediatr Neurosci 2018;13:343-5
- M.Kathiravan, Dhawan SR, Singanamala B, Saini L, Sahu JK. Levetiracetam Induced Neuropsychiatric Manifestation in a 5-Year-Old Boy. Indian J Pediatr. 2018 Sep 12. doi: 10.1007/s12098-018-2788-8. [Epub ahead of print]
- Dhawan SR, Sahu JK, Sankhyan N, Vyas S, Singhi PD. Infantile Tuberculous Meningitis Complicated by West Syndrome. J Pediatr Neurosci. 2018 Apr-Jun;13(2):237-240
- Dhawan SR, Gupta S, Saini L. Unexplained Transaminitis and Hyperactivity: Do Not Forget the Musculoskeletal Examination. Indian J Pediatr. 2018 Aug;85(8):682-683. doi: 10.1007/s12098-017-2523-x.
- Dhawan SR, Sankhyan N, Vyas S, Singhi PD. Fulminant early onset subacute sclerosing panencephalitis. Indian J Pediatr. 2017;84(2):154-5.
- Dhawan SR, A Gupta, V Gupta, PD Singhi. Multiple Intracranial Aneurysms in HIV Infection. Indian J Pediatr. 2016 Aug;83(8):852-4. doi: 10.1007/s12098-016-2073-7.
- Dhawan SR, Vaidya PC, Bhattacharya A, Kumar A, Singhi PD. Indian J Pediatr. 2016 Nov;83(12-13):1482-1483. doi: 10.1007/s12098-016-2143-x.
- Dhawan SR, PC Vaidya, S Dogra, S Lal, BD Radotra, AK Saxena, et al. Lichen Scrofulosorum in a Child with Underlying Disseminated Tuberculosis. Indian J Pediatr. 2016 Aug;83(8):892-3. doi: 10.1007/s12098-016-2102-6.
- Dhawan SR, Jondhale SN, Sahu JK, Singhi P. Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis presenting as subacute meningoencephalitis. Indian J Pediatr. 2014 Nov;81(11):1265. doi: 10.1007/s12098-014-1508-2.
- Dhawan SR, Devi Dayal, Amit Rawat, Kushaljit S Sodhi. Tubercular pyomyositis of quadriceps femoris in an immunocompetent infant. INDIAN journal of maternal and child health 16 (2), 1-6
- Vaddi VK, Sahu JK, Dhawan SR, Suthar R, Sankhyan N. Knowledge, Attitude and Practice (KAP) Study of Pediatricians on Infantile Spasms. Indian J Pediatr. 2018 Feb 14. doi: 10.1007/s12098-018-2630-3. [Epub ahead of print]
- Singanamalla B, Dhawan S, Saini AG, Singh P, Sankhyan N. Black holes in the brain and spine: A dark disease. Journal of Pediatric Neurosciences. 2020 Jan 1;15(1):63.
- Jauhari P, Dhawan SR, Sahu JK, Approach to Epilepsy in infants and Children. Published in ‘Epilepsy in Children’.
- Sahu JK, Dhawan SR. ‘Tubercular Meningitis in Children’. Frontiers in Pediatric Neurology. 2017;50:76
- Dhawan SR, Gupta A. IVIG in Children. Published in APC Golden Jubilee Series 2015
- Dhawan SR, Vaidya PC. ‘Pediatric Tuberculosis: Current Trends. Published in Recent Advances in Pediatrics (Special Volume 26): Infectious Diseases I. Jaypee Publishers. 2015
- Dhawan SR, Singh M. Update on Management of Childhood Tuberculosis. Recent Advance in Pediatrics- Infectious Diseases-I. Peepee Publishers