Fortunately, diseases causing twitching are less serious, and lifestyle-related causes.
Common causes of muscle twitching include
- Excessive physical activity causes lactic acid accumulation. It commonly affects arms, legs, and back
- Stress and anxiety can affect any muscle in the body.
- Excessive caffeine like tea coffee, cold drinks
- Nutritional deficiencies-vitamin D, vitamin B, and calcium deficiencies.
- Cigarettes and other tobacco products.
- Mediations like corticosteroids and estrogen pills